Cookies Notification

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wuv, Twue Wuv


My 11th wedding anniversary is coming up next week. I really can't believe how fast time has flown since my wonderful wedding day! If I'm ever upset or feeling blue, just reminiscing about our wedding can really bring me happiness. It was just so magical.

I remember that as my parents were waiting to walk me down the aisle, my dad leaned over and said, "You don't seem nervous. Most people are nervous at this part!"

But I wasn't nervous. I really wasn't.

It wasn't that I didn't realize the gravity of what was happening. I knew that this was a sacred event.

But standing there beside my mom and dad, preparing to walk down the aisle of Robi's dad's church, where Robi and I would say vows to love one another forever, I wasn't nervous at all. I knew that I could trust this man with the rest of my life. I knew that if he made vows, then he would follow through on them. That he would do his darnedest to be sure we had a great life together. Walking down the aisle, I was just amazed, thrilled, and so grateful, that I was so lucky as to be the one Robi chose. I wasn't nervous. I was just eager. Just ready to truly be his family. It was so magical to take his hand and stand in front of a church with all that love and support around us.

I get a little lump in my throat here. Ahemmm.

Anyway.

I really hope my daughter gets to experience love like this. I don't take it for granted. I know I'm lucky. Not every girl gets such a great partner who knows how she likes her marshmallows overly-roasted, and who works hard for a living to support the family, and who takes time to play with their daughter each day, and who prays out loud before meals, and who makes her laugh at least 8 times a minute, and who takes care of his own health without any nagging from her, and who is the best trivial pursuit player of all time, and who is just generally the most gentle person ever created.

Did I mention I'm super lucky?



What area of life are you lucky in? Or if you don't believe in luck, in what area of your life have you been truly blessed?

4 comments:

  1. awwww how sweet...Wow Robi reminds me of my Dad..he went gray really early- like by 33...and here I am almost 31 and my hairs are turning gray-....holding out on coloring...but I just can't be gray before 40...I'm still young....well at heart anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear TJ, you are not lucky you are truly blessed. You see many years ago(33) I prayed, while rocking that special young man, that God would bless him with a beautiful christian young lady. Someone who would stand beside him and love him for who he is. Someone who would complete him as a man and would be the best wife and mother possible. You are that special lady and I'm so glad God blessed us with a beautiful daughter in love. Thank you for being the answer to my prayer. I pray you and Robi(Robby)
    will have many, many beautiful years together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, Amber, I know! Lucky for Robi, gray hair on a guy just makes them more distinguished! And you ARE young, girl!

    And Daisy, thanks for that sweet comment! I am blessed in the mother-in-law department beyond measure, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I feel blessed knowing you are a part of such a wonderful family as the Ragan's. Happy 11th anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete