Cookies Notification

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm Out of Ideas


I usually plan my meals out each week, to make shopping easier and to keep from over-buying and letting food go to waste. (Thanks to Gretchen Rubin, I now know that I'm an "overbuyer," so I'm trying to work on that.) Anyway, yesterday, I looked through the last few weeks of meal plan pages I had saved (I'm also a saver of papers sometimes! Working on that, too!), and I was a little bit shocked to see that every week's meal plan looked pretty similar.

The meal plan generally went as follows: Mexican food, Italian food, stir-fry, Mexican food, Italian food, stir-fry, with the occasional miso soup night thrown in.

Yikes! I'm stuck in a food rut!

So, I need dinner ideas! Healthy, (mostly vegetarian), easy-to-make dinner ideas!

Can you help?



In what area of your life do you need inspiration right now?

4 comments:

  1. I've been in a rut too! I'd love new suggestions. One of our favorite dinners is spaghetti squash with homemade marinara. Not much prep, you just wait for the sauce to simmer and the squash to cook and it's ready to go. We were also making a lot of indian dal over the winter. Most of the ingredients can be kept on hand all the time (lentils, onions, spices), and it's all ready very quickly in the pressure cooker. And then there's always the good old crock pot - I've got a good lentil crock pot recipe that you top with a poached egg if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love spaghetti squash. That's a good summer idea. And I'd love your lentil crock pot recipe if you have time to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken and white rice 1 can cream of chicken OR cream of mushroom, 1 cup water OR broth, 1 cup rice, and chicken breast...cook for 45 mins on 375...yum.

    Beef stew- beef tips, cut up onions, potatoes, and carrots, 1 package of onion soup mix, and add some water...cook all day in crock pot on low...10 minute rice or cook rice to go with it right before.

    Pasta bake- penne pasta-cook it...add your meat manaria sause mix to it and some parmesean cheese and pour all that in pan...sprinkle the top with mozerella cheese and cook in the oven on 350 for about 30 minutes (more if you like the cheese to get brown)

    Chicken and Yellow Rice- 1 pkg of yellow rice, boil chicken and cube/cut, add chicken yellow rice and 2 cups of broth or water (broth is better) some paprika to flavor and cook on 375 for 30-45 minutes until cooked...

    Those are our famous three...and we have them every week pretty much along with tacos, and regular spagetti..LOL

    I need new ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get that organizer I love it..and also can you tell me how I know if you reply to my comments??

    Email me or tell me on facebook! I don't know if you responded unless I come back and look!!

    ReplyDelete