Cookies Notification

Friday, May 7, 2010

Mothers' Day Starts Early

Today, Flanna's school had a sweet mothers' day tea, complete with cupcakes. It was such fun to get to visit her school and see all her favorite "work" that she does there. After school, we had an impromptu visit to the museum. It was a fabulous day (stiflingly hot, but still fabulous), and I felt lucky to start my mothers' day weekend off so well.

Oh, another neat thing--Flannery decorated an "F" for me by gluing beads on it all by herself. I had bought it for her to hang in her room, but once she started working on it, she decided that it would be a gift for me. And now I think it's going to look really nice in my room.







Then, at the end of the day, when I was putting Flanna to bed, I thanked her for the sweet gifts and card she had made for me, and was telling her how much I appreciated the work she put into them. And she said,

"Well, mom, that's because I love you."

And that, folks, was the best mothers' day gift I think I've ever gotten.



What's the best mothers' day gift you've ever gotten, or given?

2 comments:

  1. Being a mother is actually the best gift I have ever been blessed with. I have never been so happy then those years I was raising my children. I am grateful for my husband who gave his strength, intelligence and good manners to my girls, not to mention his good looks!

    ReplyDelete