Cookies Notification

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Let Go


Today my motto was my happiness commandment #6 - Do Your Best and Be Done with It.

As in, I made breakfast. (Did I clean the kitchen afterward? Nope. But that was the best I could do in my "I've-been-sick-for-3-days" funk.)

And, then, after watching my sick kiddo all morning, I got a shower and put on some clothes for an afternoon meeting and language session. (Did I fix my hair? Nope. I stuck with the curly wash-n-go look. But, hey, I did my best and was done with it.)

And then, I managed to talk coherently in a meeting despite being groggy from some fancy cough medicine. And I sang songs and had a fun speech session after that. (Did I play every chord right and catch every bit of data I should've been recording during the group? Nope. But I did my best, and now I'm done with it.)

And then when I got home, I heated up some leftover homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner, yet again. Yum. (Did I clean the kitchen after that? Still nope. Maybe I'll get to it after Lost. Or maybe it will wait 'til tomorrow. I won't beat myself up about it today.)

Today was not the best day. But it wasn't the worst, either. I made it through, did my best. And now, I'm done with it. Whew!




What do you need to let go of, to be done with? Give yourself permission to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment