Cookies Notification

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Snuggle while you Can



Today, my daughter woke up sick. A fever. A cough. A headache.

We snuggled for three hours on the couch before she even said more than a few words.

The funny thing about that girl is that, when she wants to snuggle for more than, say, 2 minutes, you can pretty much bet that she's sick. She loves to snuggle usually, but in short bursts, in between cute dance moves and intense art projects.

So, when she wanted to snuggle, and wasn't torn away from the snuggling by some wonderful idea for an art project or some wonderful song she just had to dance to, I knew that something was up.

And the terrible thing? The horrible thing?

Is that I secretly enjoy a lazy day of my daughter wanting to snuggle all day. A sleepy day of naps on the couch together and watching endless Dora videos and old home movies.

I pray that she'll be well tomorrow. But for today, I'm going to take all the snuggling I can get with my sweet girl.

As Gretchen Rubin says, "The days are long, but the years are short."




What makes you feel better when you're sick?




P.S. These pictures are obviously not from today. They're from earlier in the week, when Flanna was feeling well. But I was tired, and who knows where my camera is, and, well, aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment