Cookies Notification

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Do What Needs to be Done


I'm a procrastinator by nature. So, I should've known how useful this little happiness commandment-- "Do what needs to be done."--would be for my happiness project. Somehow, when I just make myself buckle down and do the things I should do (at home, work, whatever), I'm actually much happier!

So, today I'm cleaning up, doing laundry, writing reports, replying to e-mails, and tackling a gazillion other little tasks that were ignored when I was sick last week. As much as I hate spending all evening doing housework and work-work, rather than relaxing with my hubby, the good part is the satisfaction of seeing the folded towels in nice rows, the clear surface of a bookshelf once it's been dusted, an e-mail inbox that isn't filled with starred items that need my attention.

And the best part?

The little nagging projects won't be waiting for me when I get back from camping.

Nice.



What are you working on that just needs to be done?

3 comments:

  1. http://www.laurden.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this section of the house yet, and it looks ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura--wow, you're much much more productive than I am! And Kelley - thanks! It's nice to have a nook here or there that looks nice enough to share. :)

    ReplyDelete