Cookies Notification

Friday, March 5, 2010

Family Rules

A friend of mine sent me a link to a blog called the Pleated Poppy, because she was interested in making this cute "family rules" canvas like the author made, for her home.

And that got me thinking.

What are my "family rules"?

At first, I thought I could use my happiness commandments. But those are individualized just for me, and didn't seem just right for my whole family. Now, I don't think I'm crafty enough to make one of the cute family rules canvases like the one in the picture (and that level of craftiness wouldn't really work with the rest of the kind of traditional vibe my house has). But I like the idea of developing a set of family rules that we can use in our home.

So, I've been working on it. I have a rough draft of some rules, but I'm not ready to write these in calligraphy just yet. Here's what I have so far:

Family Rules
1. We're on the same team.
2. Be respectful.
3. Say “I love you” often.
4. Share.
5. Notice little moments.
6. Pray.
7. Encourage one another.
8. Be lighthearted.
9. Work hard; keep trying.
10. Breathe deeply.
11. Say “thank you” every day.
12. Respond with a blessing.

There's something missing, but I'm not quite sure what.


What are your family rules? Or what were your family rules as a child, if you had any?

No comments:

Post a Comment