Cookies Notification

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Agree or Disagree?


Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
--Henry David Thoreau


I'm not sure if I agree with this statement. I mean, I know that success is usually tied to intense hard work, but I tend to think that most successful people are looking ahead at the big picture while they're working. That their focus on success is what is driving them to work so hard.

As for happiness, which I kind of use as my yard-stick for measuring my success, I really think that since I've started to "look for" happiness, it's come to me more easily. Maybe it was there all along, and I just didn't recognize or appreciate it.

Or maybe now I'm "busying" myself with working towards happiness. Hmm. I'll have to think about this one.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I took this to mean, success for success sake, ie: being famous, well know, rich, big house, etc, rather than true success from doing what you love and working so hard because you want to, not to gain the world's version of success....Like, if you are truly working hard because something is important to you, you are thinking about these worldly things, but they may come to you because of your hard work and passion. Not sure this makes any sense, but this is what I was thinking when I read this quote. Thank you for getting me thinking more about my personal happiness!

    ReplyDelete