Cookies Notification

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Funny Flanna Quotes

Listening to her new Tangled (Rapunzel) soundtrack as we snuggled at bedtime:
"Mom, can I get out of bed for a minute? Because I just HAVE to dance to this song."

Flanna:  "Mom, was I white when I was born?"
Me:  "You mean your skin?"
Flanna:  "Yeah."
Me:  "Yes, you've always had white skin."
Flanna:  "Then why didn't you name me blanco?"

Dancing to the Tangled soundtrack:
"This is my pony dance.  It's a dance for slow and beautiful songs."

Cuddling before bedtime:
Flanna:  How do we know there are gold streets in heaven?
Me:  Well, we don't really know for sure.  We just take our ideas of it from the people who wrote the Bible.
Flanna:  But how do they know?  Did they die and go to heaven and come back?
Me:  No, I don't think so.  I think God just told them.
Flanna:  How did He tell them?
Me:  Sometimes God talks to people.  Do you ever hear God talk to you?
Flanna:  No.  He just listens to me.
Me:  He listens when you pray, yeah.
Flanna:  And He listens when I make a wish.
Me:  Oh, that too, yeah.
Flanna:  (whispering) But one time, I wished for a unicorn.  And God didn't give it to me.
Me:  Oh, you wanted a unicorn?
Flanna: Yeah, to ride to school on.  So you wouldn't have to walk me.  I could just go by myself, and then it could ride back with me after school and I could be home when you get home. 
Me:  Wow, that would be neat.  Well, maybe God won't give you a unicorn now, but maybe it will be waiting for you up in heaven with your mansion. 
Flanna:  Yeah, but it would be fun to ride it to school now. 

(That last conversation just happened as I put Flannery to bed.  Otherwise, I never would've remembered the whole thing.  That kid is such a thinker.  I just love her.)


What made you laugh this week?

1 comment:

  1. I know I am becoming the posting pest, but that is too precious.

    ReplyDelete