Cookies Notification

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Go the Extra Mile for Family Time

Since we moved closer to family, I often feel like we didn't move close enough.  It takes us about 45 minutes to get to my in-laws' or my sister's house, and although I'm not complaining about that commute compared to the 8 hour drive it used to take before we moved, I do still sometimes get tired of all the driving we have to do to get to hang out with our family.

But even though it can sometimes feel like a hassle, it is always, ALWAYS worth it in the end.

I hope that one day, Flannery and her cousins will look back on fun times they spent together as kids and feel a part of something big and strong and loving.  More than just family--a family that really appreciates one another and realizes the strong effect we have on one another's lives.  On both sides, I tell you, we are so lucky to have just that.





monarch butterfly & little red riding hood are ready!



These were the scariest faces they could muster.  :)

hay ride fun



Stair-step cousins all dressed up for the fall festival


If you could, how close would you choose to live to all your family?  I think men and women might differ on this one.  I think I'd be happiest living 15 to 30 minutes away from family.  Mostly because I'd love to have a weekly dinner all together with the extended family.  And because any commute over 30 minutes long overwhelms me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment