Cookies Notification

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Do Not Eat the Bread of Idleness

"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." - Proverbs 31:27 (regarding a "virtuous wife")

If you haven't noticed, I've been remarkably absent from the blogging world this past week.  I've so missed it, and hope to have more time to reflect on life soon, but for now, I'm just chugging along getting my work and housework done and trying to spend some quality time with my kiddo.  Tonight, I had lesson plans to check and e-mails to respond to and phone calls to make and dishes to do and birthday invitations to mail and laundry to fold, and then, don't you know, Flanna ended up not feeling well.  So all that went out the window while I snuggled and took her temperature and gave her snacks and medicine.  And then, after she finally fell asleep, I was able to steal away to check lesson plans and e-mail and get to the dishes and the laundry. 

You know, in the middle of the night.  Like a crazy person. 

But I need to be at work super early tomorrow, and Robi is going to be amazingly wonderful and stay at home with her tomorrow, and I just didn't want to leave him with a sick kiddo and dishes and laundry to top it all off. 

So, the verse in my head tonight is, "She does not eat the bread of idleness."  Other verses from Proverbs 31 apply tonight, too, like:

"She experiences work as a good thing, and her lamp is not quenched all night."  (Prov. 31:17)

I do typically experience work as a good thing, but I have to say that this lamp is about to be quenched for a bit.  Goodnight, all!


What little quotes or mottos keep you motivated when you have a lot of tasks on your plate?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment