Cookies Notification

Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Life in Pictures: Pumpkin Patch Fun

Today, my mom, my mother-in-law, and I took the girls to the pumpkin patch.  It was a gorgeous day, but really windy!  I guess the up-side is that it was nice and cool, but we were all wishing for pony-tail holders the whole day!  There were so many fun fall activities to do at the farm--I was really surprised with the variety, and we weren't even able to do all they had to offer.  (I admit, I was too nervous to take the girls in the corn maze!  I've been known to get lost for hours in those things!)  We even ran into Flannery's teacher there, which was a wonderful surprise.  The girls' favorite part of the day was getting to pick cotton.  Flannery said, "I didn't know that cotton grew like in cottonballs!"  

I'm looking forward to carving our pumpkins and baking some nice pumpkin bread or pies soon!

On the cow train

Riding bouncing horses



We had some wonderful fresh squeezed lemonade





Isn't this cotton beautiful as it begins to open?

Such gorgeous geometry here

The girls found this huge writing spider in the cotton field.  So pretty!

The grandmothers and grandkids in a field of zinnias.


We made thank you notes for the troops overseas.



Flannery with her sweet teacher

The girls being spooky and scary!




Grammie and Grandma got little pumpkins, too!


How are you enjoying the fall season so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment