Cookies Notification

Monday, September 20, 2010

Visualize your Happy Place


Whenever I'm stressed out, I try to visualize a calm, serene, beautiful place. My current "happy place" is the zig-zag bridge at our local Duke Gardens. I just love the idea of not taking the shortest route to get somewhere sometimes, how this spot makes us slow down a bit along our path.

When I'm super stressed, I'll try to imagine myself sitting quietly on the zig zag bridge, watching a turtle or a duck swim by, watching the light dance on the surface of the pond. I'll try to imagine what I'd be hearing--maybe the soft rustle of leaves blown by a quiet breeze, maybe some ducks quacking, kids laughing as they run around and feed ducks and fish at the pond. I'll think of what I might smell--fresh air, sometimes flowers blooming, sometimes the smell of leaves or damp earth. It's a rare day that this little visualization doesn't boost my spirits.

We recently took my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and some friends for a walk around Duke Gardens, and I got a few shots of the zig zag bridge. Very cool place. So glad we found it.




What's your happy place?

No comments:

Post a Comment