Cookies Notification

Friday, April 9, 2010

Take Care of the Moments


"If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves." --Maria Edgeworth, O Magazine, April 2004


I'm still on vacation! Lucky me! And I've really been soaking in the moments! There have been some pretty amazing little moments, too, like:

Flying kites on the beach (amazingly, it actually worked!)
Sorting through stuff at my parents' house that they were getting rid of, and finding some really cool treasures!
Lying in the sun for a few minutes while my family and friends gave me a little break and watched my daughter!
Looking at old videos of the girls from when they were tiny.
Watching my mom collect sea shells on the beach with her granddaughters.
Having the time to play Hullaballoo with the girlies, and discovering I really love that game!

I'm so thankful for this brief time with my family. Living so far away from my parents, sister, and niece, is one of the things I really wish I could change in my life. And it's been so nice to have time enough together with them to get on one another's nerves! I'm so jealous of those families that get to annoy one another on a daily or weekly basis! I really want that! (I'm not kidding!)



How are you taking care of the moments when you're with the ones you love?

1 comment:

  1. I live for and love those times when we are together, so few and far between. After you all left, the silence was deafening and so I had to get out in the yard for some therapy. I try to appreciate what I have, and I especially love this beachy house, but the times it is the best is when it is filled with those I love! I cannot tell you how proud I am of both of my children, the wonderful women and mothers they both are, how they try so hard for us all to be together when their Dad and I make it so hard with all our traveling. All I ever wanted was for us to be together, and so thank you for your efforts to allow me that, even if it is for brief precious moments, they cling to my heart like feathers to wing! And I will add, that your Dad is what keeps my heart flying!

    ReplyDelete