Cookies Notification

Monday, April 26, 2010

Be light


"It is easy to be heavy; hard to be light." –G.K. Chesterton


I stole the above quote from Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project. This quote is something I say to myself pretty regularly to try to help me respond lightheartedly to those around me. The funny thing is, my mom always says that I was the most carefree, happy kid, pretty much my whole life. But, you know, being light comes naturally for a lot of kids. (Take, for instance, my daughter and our cute neighbors in the tent there--they don't have to work at being light...they just are!) Stuff just starts to weigh us down as we get older. There's heavy stuff out there for adults. A lot of it.

It's easy to be heavy, hard to be light.

Today, I'm going to try to be light.

Wish me luck!



What are you going to do differently this week to bring yourself a bit of happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment