Cookies Notification

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Growth




One of the things that makes me happiest is to grow and learn each day. Right now, I've been trying to learn a little more about gardening (as well as continuing to learn more Spanish).

Over the weekend, I was lucky enough to get to visit my brother-in-law's house and to see all of his cool plants. The pics here are of his weeping cherry tree and some bulbs that are beginning to grow in his yard. (He's obviously been at this whole gardening thing way longer than I have!) It was neat to see his hard work coming to fruition. And given that I'm really interested in the whole challenge of growing things these days, it made me appreciate the experience, and notice the little miracles of new growth, even more. I'm sure he thought I was crazy taking pictures of his plants, but it was exciting to me to see someone else's success with growing!



What everyday things do you notice now or appreciate more because of one of your learning interests? (For instance, when I was a nursing mom, I constantly noticed other nursing moms' tricks of the trade--clothes they wore that made things easier, positions they used, etc. It was so interesting suddenly!, Or once my niece was adopted, I started noticing all the ways adoption is overlooked and under-mentioned all around me--from health history forms at the doctor's office to school projects with the generic family tree templates.)

No comments:

Post a Comment