Cookies Notification

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Ritual of Good Tea



What? Me, interview you?

About once a week, I've been trying to post interviews with amazing and insightful people who inspire me. This week's focus is on Lauren, a friend of mine and a blogging mama who inspires not only me, but a whole heck of a lot of folks. Her blog, "Sharing the Journey": Life after Postpartum Depression, offers support to parents who need it from someone who's been there before.

1. How do you cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue?

I give myself permission to be lazy. I'll fix a special meal (this could even be Ramen in a special mug) and plop down on the couch for a favorite movie. The ensuing relaxation really cheers me up.


2. What have been the happiest experiences of your life so far?

One of the happiest moments of my life so far is being able to see my three kids thrive and care for each other. Never fails to bring a smile to my face.


3. What is something small that you do regularly that makes you happier?

I drink good tea on a daily basis. I buy loose leaf so there is an entire routine which goes along with drinking tea. It is my treat to myself every day.


------

Mmm, good tea... Speaking of which, I think it's time for a little decaf chai latte while I give myself permission to veg on the couch with my hubby. Thanks for the inspiration, Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment