Cookies Notification

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Celebrate Traditions

Today was my hubby's birthday. I completely forgot to tell him happy birthday this morning before I left for work, though. How terrible, right?

The moment I wrote the date during my first treatment session, though, I realized my mistake and called and sang happy birthday to him (with my two speech kiddos).

When I got home from work, Flanna and I made him a giant cookie cake and ordered Indian for dinner. And we all danced together before dinner. Fun! Flanna kept asking her dad, "Will you be my prince?" when she meant, "will you dance with me?"

Sooooo sweet.

At the end of the night, she said her favorite part was eating his cake and picking out his candles. (I let her choose which candles to put on his cake).

Making a point to truly celebrate each special day that comes up has probably been the most effective happiness resolution I've made.

Now, to sleep off this sugar high.

No comments:

Post a Comment