Cookies Notification

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cut the Chaos


I just spent ten minutes drooling over these monogrammed hangers online at www.hangers.com. I have no idea how I came upon monogrammable hangers...it was during one of those out of body free flow googling experiences, but aren't they cool? I'm sure I'll never bring myself to buy them, but imagining my closet looking that fancy-schmancy gave me a little mood lift.

I've been in a decluttering frenzy for the past few days, and I really think that I'm feeling happier because of it! It's so nice to get rid of things that I don't use and to make space for the things I love. My friend Dianne started a blog for the new year called Clutter Therapy, and she has really given me some inspiration to keep my "cut the chaos" happiness resolution. She's challenged her readers to get rid of 10 things every day (from old gum wrappers in your purse to those pants that just don't fit right) for 100 days. I think this challenge is going to get me in the habit of decluttering on a regular basis, and I'm really excited about it!

This weekend I went way further than Dianne's 10 item a day decluttering challenge, and just let my OCD tendencies have full reign while I cleaned out my closet, my dresser, my jewelry box, my daughter's dressers & closet, and her toy bins. I still have a long way to go (as we speak, we still have a Christmas tree up and several Christmas toys who are as of yet homeless), but tomorrow IS another day! And I actually made some dinero in the process! Turns out after Xmas isn't the BEST time to sell your unwanted clothes to Plato's Closet, but I fared better selling kids' stuff at Once Upon a Child. Now we have more room in our closets and some extra cash. Nice!

Oh, by the way, I made the dreaded doctor's appointment with a new doctor in this new town, and they can't fit me in until Thursday! My hubby, meanwhile, took himself by the acute care clinic this morning and was home with an antibiotic within 2 hours. I almost stole it from him while he wasn't looking, but I guess I'll wait my turn.



Dianne is one of those friends of mine who could inspire a telephone pole. I love feeding off of her enthusiastic energy! How have your friends helped YOU to become a better person?

No comments:

Post a Comment