Cookies Notification

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Craziness and a Recurring Cough


My daughter fell at school today. She was swinging herself between two tables and fell straight onto her mouth (onto a hardwood floor, no less!). By the time I got there to pick her up, the bleeding had stopped, but she told me that her mouth "bleeded a lot." Poor thing!

After calling her pediatrician and figuring out that the worst part of the damage was not the busted lips but rather a loose tooth, we managed to get to a pediatric dentist. Lots of X rays, two stickers, and one prize from the prize box later, we were reassured that she wasn't going to lose the tooth and that it should get better on its own with time. Whew!

Then I gave my sore, bruised, and overtired kiddo a treat by getting her a milkshake and taking her to Build-a-Bear at the mall. Where she decided to buy not the adorable baby sling thingie that I thought she would use every day and completely love...no, not that. She decided that she just had to have....

a pink satin dog bed trimmed with santa fur.

and a rather large pink satin dog bed trimmed with santa fur, at that.

But, hey, who am I to argue with a kid who just bravely sat still for a dentist while in tooth pain? If this pain is anything like my recollections of my past orthodontic experiences, then, heck, she can have a chihuahua to go with the pink satin dog bed.

But luckily, there were no chihuahuas for sale at this mall, so we got home with only one slightly crazy purchase.

At the end of the day, soaking in her tub, Banana said, "This was a very terrible day."

I agree.

Oh, and my recurrent cough is back with a dry hacking vengeance. Fun stuff.

So tomorrow can only get better, right?

How do you treat yourself when you've had a bad day?

No comments:

Post a Comment