|Why yes, I do have 8 minutes to exercise. |
8 minutes, exactly.
I keep coming back to these 3 resolutions--resolutions that I blurted out in haste when one of my friends asked me what my resolutions would be on New Year's Eve. But once I said them, they really did seem to make sense as my biggest priorities for this year.
I'm sure you're dying of anticipation by now.
So, here they are:
My 2011 Happiness Resolutions:
2. Teach my daughter about God.
3. Be a better wife to my husband.
Those are my overall goals, and here are my short-term goals to get there (the therapist in me just has to make these goals more specific, although I like the short ones above b/c they're easy to remember).
1. Exercise - Do my "8 minutes in the morning" moves, or yoga or pilates DVDs every day, if not in the morning, then perhaps with Flanna before bed.
2. Teach my daughter about God - I need ideas here! I'm thinking I'd like for her to learn a song and do a craft every week based on some sort of liturgical calendar theme. Surely someone knows of a good place for ideas in this area?
3. Be a better wife - I think my marriage is remarkably fun and stable, but much of that is because my husband is such a lighthearted, responsible, and understanding guy. This year, I want to try to reduce the need for understanding: to reduce the clutter, to keep up with laundry, to have a regular date night, and to be a source of energy rather than being drained by the time I see him at the end of the day. (Hmm, maybe being a better wife will involve getting more sleep?)
On that note, I think it's time for bed!
What are your New Year's Resolutions for 2011?