Cookies Notification

Monday, January 10, 2011

Tell me how great I am, and I'll feel loved

OK, so I took the love languages quiz, and here are my results (high score meaning it's my love language, and low score meaning it's not---I think 12 is the highest possible you can get in an area).  

Words of Affirmation - 10
Quality Time - 9
Physical Touch - 8
Acts of Service - 3
Receiving Gifts - 0

I wasn't surprised that "Words of Affirmation" is the main way I feel love.  I just love compliments and gold stars (as Gretchen Rubin calls them)!  And quality time makes sense to me, too.  But I was a little surprised that physical touch meant so much to me, and that  acts of service and receiving gifts apparently doesn't speak love to me at all.  

While taking the quiz, I wondered, though-- if I were in a relationship where I never got regular thoughtful gifts and regular acts of service/help with things, would I have rated these as more important to me?  I'm not sure.  I do know, though, that my husband is always super-helpful and has never forgotten a birthday or anniversary.  He also regularly brings sweet trinkets home from his faraway conferences.  Which I think is so thoughtful.  But apparently, he could save his $ and just tell me how much he missed me while he was gone, and he'd be golden in my book!  

Has anyone else ever figured out your love language?  I'd love to hear what it is!  (Especially if you're my BFF or in my family, since I'd love to be able to show you how much I love you, in your own love language, regularly!)

By the way, it's a snow day here!  No snow yet, but stay posted!



2 comments:

  1. Quality time, 11! The rest all hit the 4/5 mark, so a very strong leaning toward Quality time. It was interesting taking the quiz. I definitely realized how much I a) don't like being helped unless I ask for it and b) enjoy being able to say I love you to people. Some friends are weirded out by that, and I'm super-glad you're not one of them! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need words of affirmation too. My new job has lots of it and this is why I love my new job.....now I am just trying to train the hubby on this.. ;-)

    He is more of a ...well I took care of it didn't I....but I have to remind him that I need to be told I am loved and why..he writes me poems or letters ever so often...so much better than gifts!

    Love ya,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete