Cookies Notification

Friday, December 10, 2010

Anticipate Fun

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited!  Tomorrow we're taking Flanna to see The Nutcracker ballet!

Tonight, we read this book.  It was a nice introduction to the story of the Nutcracker, and the illustrations are just gorgeous.   Flannery asked to re-read the book about a thousand times.   Which I of course was happy to do... I love repeated readings of the same book--you get to dig deeper each time you read it.  (And I forgave the author for changing Clara's name in her version of the story, although I read it to Flanna using "Clara," just because it seemed wrong to teach the story of the Nutcracker without Clara.)

We also watched part of this movie, which was a little dark and sort of creepy.  Flannery kept saying that she wouldn't trust the man with the eye patch.  And I agree!

So, now we're prepared!  Fingers crossed for a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment