Cookies Notification

Friday, February 14, 2014

What's more Beautiful than "I love you"?

I think one of the best things about loving someone is that we can be a comfort to one another.  It might sound trite, but when I'm having a bad day, it helps to remember that I'm going home to my husband at the end of it all.  My smiling, calm, funny, reassuring husband.  I hope that I'm as much of a comfort to him on his bad days.  

Sometimes, even more beautiful than "I love you," is:  "No matter what, don't be discouraged; I'm here for you."  

Here's a song by Patty Griffin, one of my favorite artists ever, that captures that sentiment eloquently.  I picture my husband saying it to me.  Sing it to your Valentine tonight!  :)  


                "Coming Home to Me:  by Patty Griffin, with Julie Miller                                                      

Anytime you say it with heart,
Anytime you're falling apart.
When you're washing the sheets,
Any stranger you meet.
When there's somebody waving goodbye,

You're coming home to me, just remember,
You're coming home to me.

It's a world full of bar rooms and alleys,
Of blue nights and red river valleys,
When you feel like a shirt and a tie,
Or like dirt,
Or a lion, and no one can see,

You're coming home to me, just remember,
You're coming home to me.

When you get to that place
That's just under the stars,
Hanging over the tree
At a quarter to three
When you get there you'll know
That's as far as you go
When you get there you'll see
You were already free
When you get there you'll la la la la la la

When you're lost and you're found,
And you're found and you're lost,
When you're dancing with no one around,

You're coming home to me, just remember,
You're coming home to me.



What's your favorite love song?  

No comments:

Post a Comment