Cookies Notification

Monday, February 3, 2014

Marriage Monday: Share your Favorite Secrets to a Happy Marriage

At our wedding shower almost 15 years ago--hopefully
I've never been a "ball-and-chain!"
My west coast BFF is getting married soon!  Which makes me so happy and excited!  I can't wait to celebrate her wedding and see her start her "married life!"   (She's going to be a great wife, BTW!)

As I look forward to her wedding, I find myself thinking back to my own wedding.  And one thing I remember about that time is all of the encouragement and advice we got from so many different people.  It seems that everyone has their own little "secret" to a happy marriage relationship (and can't wait to share it with those about to say their vows!).  Some people told us to, "Say thank you every day for the little things."  Great advice!  Some people told us to, "Come together and say I love you every night before bed."  Also great advice!  Others said, "Talk to your partner if you have a problem with them, and don't speak ill of your partner to anyone else."  Yes!   Some people told us to, "Make time to have fun together and stay friends."  Truly important, right?  We've gotten so much good advice, and I think that as I mature in my marriage, different bits of advice resonate with me more at different times.

But enough about me!  I'd like to hear what relationship advice has been most helpful to you in your life. What tip or recommendation has helped you most as you have navigated a happy relationship with your partner?  Please leave a comment with your best "Secret to a Happy Marriage", and I will feature one lucky reader's advice in a post next week. By the way, you don't have to be married to leave advice here!  Everyone has wisdom to share!

Come on, you competitive spirits, if you're reading this, I mean you!  Share your wealth of knowledge! Even if you don't feel like an expert, what words of wisdom do you try to follow?




5 comments:

  1. Always respect eachothers opinions, even if you disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life, work, children, and marriage is way too complicated for a 'tip'. I employ Superflex for all of my everyday stresses and problems. I know that you know who Superflex is. Also, a glass of wine together at the end of the day helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always find ways to have fun with each other even after kids, find fun things to do just because. Lifes grind can bring you down, you have to make time to break away from the normal everyday so you can just enjoy each others company as much as possible without life getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most important thing in any relationship is mutual understanding between both of them.You should know each other should respect each other to make your future great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out !

    ReplyDelete