Cookies Notification

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Support a Cause


My mom was born with a congenital heart defect. A leaky valve. Which had to be replaced a few years ago. Thank heavens for amazing doctors doing amazing research with amazing skill and passion.

Then I had this client. The cutest little blonde boy I think I've ever met. He was also born with a heart defect. Which required surgery and likely will again. Thank heavens he has an amazing team of doctors doing amazing work.

Which brings me to my point.

I pretty much love the American Heart Association. I've raised money for them for many years by doing the Heart Walk, and I think the work they do is phenomenal. And even though raising money for the Heart Association won't cure my sweet client or my mom, and won't bring back my grandfather, my uncle, or anyone else who has passed away due to heart problems, it makes me feel like I'm honoring them in a small way, at least.

And that makes me happy.




What cause do you support?

By the way, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Check out this wonderful "Pink Glove" video a friend of mine showed me...it brought tears to my eyes. I love that so many people are willing to look ridiculous to increase awareness of breast cancer.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your caring spirit! Love you! It's good to be alive!

    ReplyDelete