Cookies Notification

Friday, June 4, 2010

Lethargy

I've had a sore throat and lingering cough, along with lethargy and achy joints, for going on 4 weeks now, and today, I thought my throat was going to burst into flames, so I finally made a doctor's appointment. I kind of hoped it would be strep, so that I would be able to get some meds and start getting better. But the quick and dirty strep test came back negative. They'll do a culture now and let me know the results, but, ugh. I really would like to feel better, quickly.

But instead, I'm going to bed early. Gargling with salt water. Using the neti pot regularly. Taking my vitamins. Doing an old tribal ritual to cleanse my chi.

Just kidding on the last one. But seriously, I'm open to anything if it will just get me well.





What home remedies do you turn to when you're sick?

2 comments:

  1. I'm probably the only person in the world who still has Tang in my cupboard, but I looooove a glass when I'm feeling sick - like now. I think I was healthier when I took EmergenC every day, so I think I'm going to start that habit again. I'm surprised it's not strep from what you said. Man. I love that when I'm sick, I do all of the things that could have prevented my getting sick - not things that actually make you well, you know? Oooh, the promises you make to change your ways if only you'd feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I remember the days of Tang and Carnation instant breakfast at your house. Yum. And EmergenC is a great idea! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete