Cookies Notification

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tell a Lame Joke


This morning, while Flannery was taking a bath, I found out that the child loves lame jokes. I think she must take after my dad (that's him with Flanna in the photo), who is the king of lame "dad" jokes. (I've always loved that about him. :))

In an attempt to follow through with my happiness commandment # 4 -- Have Fun, I had learned some silly knock knock jokes earlier this week. Here's the one I used this morning at bath time:

"Knock Knock
Who's there?
Boo.
Boo who?
Don't cry--it's only a joke!"

Flannery thought that was comic gold. And it was really fun to be so silly. She'd practice telling me the joke, and then we'd switch roles. She loved it!

Then, I found out that she actually knew a joke. She said, "Mommy, here's a joke I just learned:" and then proceeded to say:

"Knock knock.
Who's there?
Cargo.
Cargo who?
Car go beep beep."

I couldn't believe she actually knew a whole little joke, and that this was the first I was finding out about it. Apparently her teachers or dad beat me to the silliness punch! Which reminded me again that I often don't make time for silliness, and I need to more often!

Anyway, some of you with little kids in your life might enjoy these other knock knock jokes I've added to my repertoire this week:

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Woo.

Woo, who?

Don't get so excited, it's just a joke.

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Who.

Who who?

Is there an owl in here?

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Little old lady.

Little old lady who?

Wow! I didn't know you could yodel!

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Ach
Ach who?
Bless You!

Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

Police. 

Police who?

Police stop telling these awful knock, knock jokes!


How can you make time for fun this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment