Cookies Notification

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Look Good, Feel Good


My current hair mousse is not cutting it. But I've been too busy to go buy a replacement mousse. So, I've been putting up with frizzy and flat wavy hair for the last 3 weeks or so. And it's really bringing me down.

Yep, I'm a little shallow.

Turns out, if I don't feel like I look my best, I don't feel my best, either. So this frizzy flatness has got to go.

I mean, as soon as I have a spare moment to sneak away to Target.

On days that I pick out my clothes the night before, and actually wear flattering clothes that fit me well, and that I put on make-up (especially if this process doesn't happen at the stop lights during the drive to my daughter's preschool), and that I wear my contacts and pull my hair up so the frizzy flatness isn't so noticeable, I feel more confident. More together. More organized. More in control. More me.

Which is a good thing. A happy thing.

Look good, feel good. Sounds shallow, but I really think it's true.

Oh, by the way, I found this neat blog called Fashion Advice from Audrey, and I've been learning a lot from her advice so far! For example, it seems that now's the time to go find your perfect boots, because they're on sale right now. Her advice for picking a great boots: find a comfy pair (flats perhaps), that come just about an inch below the knee, and that aren't too tight on the calf, for maximum versatility (from pants to skirts, etc). See, you're learning already, and you haven't even visited her blog yet!



Any ideas for good wavy-hair hair products that won't leave my hair either a) crispy, or b) sticky?

No comments:

Post a Comment