Cookies Notification

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Be Dead to Both the Praises and Curses of Men

Today I have to remind myself to, "be dead to both the praises and curses of men."  To "respond with a blessing."  To "turn the other cheek."  I have to remember that "There is only love."  That I am more than what others think of me.  That my reward will not be my reputation, will not be my amazing influence on this earth, will not be praises in the here and now.  That I am not to live my life for approval or respect or gold stars.  But that I am to, "Do my best, and be done with it."  That I am to "live my priorities."  That I am to "be authentic."  I also need to remember to be "slow to speak." 

Do you ever have those days where it takes every catch phrase, every happiness commandment, every cheesy verse you can recall, to help you through? 

That's me, today. 

I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow.  Perhaps I just need some time spent in nature.  Or some dark chocolate.  Or more sleep.  Or a maid.  Or a vacation.

I'm thinking all of the above sound good. 



What cheesy phrase do you call to mind when you need a pick-me-up?  My dad always says, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."  My mom always used to tell me, "Just do your best, that's all you can do."  And my sister used to remind me to, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God."  Those all really do seem to help when I'm feeling out of sorts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment