Cookies Notification

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Speechy Sunday: Black History Projects and Graphic Organizers Galore!

On Friday, our school wrapped up our school-wide unit on Black History.  As I walked through the hallways and classrooms to see what each grade level and each class had been working on, I was so pleased to see an overwhelming use of graphic organizers in our students' final projects.  I love graphic organizers and swear by them as visual ways to help us learn more, store more, and more easily retrieve more information later, as well.

Anyway, I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing some of the ways different grade levels used graphic organizers.

There were timelines.





There were cluster organizers.





There were pie charts.






There were causal flow charts.



I think that the students at my school really learned an amazing amount about the Civil Rights Movement, slavery, and black history in the past 6 weeks.   And I bet they'll remember these projects and the information they organized for themselves in such lovely visual ways, for years to come.



What school project from your childhood do you still remember?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment