Cookies Notification

Friday, March 18, 2011

Curious and Exotic Plants


 Check out this amazing flowering pink popcorn shrub in our neighbor's yard.  I haven't been lucky enough to run into my neighbors lately, but I'm dying to know what it's called.  My best guess is that it's a variegated weigela, but that's just based on a little googling I did.  If anyone knows what this might be, please leave a comment with a guess!



Flanna's new favorite pose for photos.  Cracks. Me. Up. 


Also, today, I went to the Museum of Life and Science for a field trip with our cohort of kiddos with autism, and during the tour of the butterfly house, I came upon this really cool vine.  The flowers are so  distinctive, light green and banana-shaped.  Gorgeous.









What's your favorite strange plant?  I just love cleomes.  They're so quirky.

1 comment:

  1. Did you find out what this plant is? I just discovered this at the high school trail behind our house. A bunch of it. It's white and from a distance it looked like snow! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete