Cookies Notification

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bloom Where You're Planted


Sometimes there are things about our lives that we don't like, but that we just can't change.

For me, that is living so ridiculously far away from our extended family.

Sometimes I get so focused on how much better life would be, how much easier things would be, how wonderful it would be if we just lived near the fam, that I make my current situation into something I'm just bearing.

Get that?

Sometimes I treat my wonderful, amazing, current life, with my kind and devoted husband and my sweet darling girl, as if it's something I have to put up with.

Sigh.

So, I've been telling myself a new phrase for the last few days. It's really rocket science, if I do say so to myself.

"Bloom where you're planted."

I don't think it's cured my homesickness for our family. But it's helping a little.

And where we're planted is a really cool town, actually. Today we visited the public library, took a drawing class, had some amazing mango frozen yogurt at Local Yogurt, checked out the fall schedule of classes at the Little Gym, and found a really neat unfinished furniture store that I fell instantly in love with.

Blooming in progress.




What's something hard about your life that you're learning to accept right now?

By the way, this photo is of Flannery in the garden behind our old house in Athens. See why I miss it so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment