Cookies Notification

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Days are Long, but the Years are Short

One of my favorite quotes is, "The days are long, but the years are short." by Gretchen Rubin.  It is just. so. true.

Today was our first event at Flanna's new elementary school.  She starts kindergarten (kindergarten!) on Wednesday.  Today, the PTA hosted a popsicle party, complete with a gigantic water slide.  Flanna got to see a few old friends from PreK, and two of her good friends will even be in her class this year!  It was a little surreal to sign up for the PTA, as the mom of a kindergartener.  I mean, I can still remember actually being a kindergartener myself.    

But Flanna is ready, and she's going to love kindergarten, I'm sure of it.  As I tucked her into bed tonight, I was telling her how much I enjoyed our day, going to church together as a family, having lunch together, getting to see her new school--and she said, "Wait, church was yesterday, mom!"  I tried to correct her, telling her that, no, all that was in this one--albeit long-- day.  But she was so funny, and was adamant that there was no way we did all that in one day.  Hah!   Even Flanna agrees--the days are long!

But the years, the years are short.

Flanna befriends animals wherever she goes!
waiting in line for the water slide



How has your life changed in the last few years?  What parts have flown by?  What parts drag by? 



No comments:

Post a Comment