Cookies Notification

Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year's Resolutions: Taking Stock and Making Plans

Taking Stock: 

This is what I'd like my life to be like every day of 2012.
Or at least 3 days of 2012.  
Boy, so far 2012 has been a whirlwind!  We've been busy with work and travel and birthdays and (unfortunately!) being sick, and I have to admit that I've just finally taken down all my Christmas decorations during this long weekend!  Life has been hectic!

And as such, I haven't had much time to reflect on 2011, which I always love to do at the start of a new year.  So, I'm just going to do it now.  Better late than never, right?

So, here were my resolutions for last year:
My 2011 Happiness Resolutions:
1.  Exercise.
2.  Teach my daughter about God.
3.  Be a better wife to my husband.


I think I did okay with the first two resolutions at the start of the year, but then I kind of slacked off after  Flanna started pre-K.  I'd say it's because we got busy, but we're always busy.  It's probably more a factor of my focus being elsewhere--like on making our new place into a home after we moved, which takes SO much longer than you would think.  


But I do feel proud of the way I worked hard at #3--being a better wife-- this past year.  I think that I was able to lighten up a bit this year, to be less anxious about life sometimes, to make time for shared fun experiences with my husband, to talk about the hard stuff but throw in some humor so we could make it through disagreements with mutual respect still in place, and to just generally listen more fully.  


It also didn't hurt that we moved home this summer, which gave us much more freedom to have date nights while Flanna spends time at her cousins' or grandparents' houses!  That has been a real blessing.  


Making plans:


And now, for the big reveal!  My 2012 Happiness Resolutions!  (drum roll, please!)
1.  Exercise More (seriously, I mean it this time).
2.  Submit some of my therapy activity ideas for publication.
3.  Trick myself into becoming a neat and tidy person somehow.
4.  Call more; write more, visit more.
5.  Breathe more deeply; Go outside more.
6.  Learn something new every month.  
7.  Figure out this baby stuff.  


More on all those later.  For now, it's just good to have had a chance to reflect a bit.  And now I will go breathe deeply.  That's one resolution I think I can keep.  




So, your turn?  What are your resolutions for 2012?   And, also, do you think you breathe deeply enough on a regular basis?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment