Cookies Notification

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Experience your Community where You Are

I'm trying to feel more at home in our new neighbor- hood.  To work toward that, I've decided that I need to try to get out into the community a bit more than just working and taking Flanna to school.  So, this weekend, we went to the Decatur Book Festival.  It was right downtown in a cute little area, and there was so much to do.  There were hula hoop contests, and tons of booths with books and toys and art for sale, and authors speaking on stages and signing their books, as well.  I was impressed that the turnout was so good for the festival.

The girls seemed to enjoy it, too, especially the puppet show and the kettle corn!  All in all, it was a nice little adventure, and while I still miss Athens and all the other places I hold in my heart as "home," I'm confident that we'll settle in and feel connected in this new home soon, too.


Our own version of Where's Waldo?  Can you find the cousins?

No comments:

Post a Comment