Cookies Notification

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Indulge your Imagination

This Christmas was filled with American Girl Doll gifts and fun for Flannery.


Today, my mother-in-law and I took the girls to have lunch at the American Girl Bistro, and they got to do a little shopping with their Christmas money at the American Girl store.

I have to admit, even I was blown away by how realistic some of the doll accessories were--A flute that actually has padded keys, an American Indian dress with real beadwork, a cool wheelchair that has brakes and everything!  It was cute to see the girls' imaginations spinning as they studied everything in the store to decide what they wanted (and could afford--yikes, how expensive things were there!).

In the end, Flanna bought a soccer outfit for her doll, and my niece got a cute flowery skirt and cardigan set and a hair styling book for hers.  And then they came back to our house and pretended for hours with their dolls -- fixing their hair, dressing them up, having them argue, having them make up  (I actually think doll play can be really therapeutic for two young girl cousins!).  It was nice to see them using their imaginations rather than relying on anything electronic for inspiration in their play!


Nellie is all ready to ski! (in shorts!)
My niece diligently braiding the new horse's tail.  Grandma knows what girls like!

the doll jeep - a pretty big hit!
Grammie and the girls, with their dolls in their doll carriers from Grandma-- so stylish!
hanging out at the boutique

Flanna matched her doll, Nellie today
lunch with the dolls-- and the food was actually pretty fabulous!  (salmon and orzo for me, yum!)


What did you love to imagine as a child?  What did you pretend to be or do?  I used to love to pretend to be an explorer outside in the woods, and had a field journal and binoculars I'd carry around.  I also loved to pretend to be a mom--hah, so original, I know, but it was always my dream!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment