Cookies Notification

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

How to Slow Down Time

In other news, I got a haircut in November.  :)
Oh, my.  It has been forever since I have made time to blog!  And I miss it so immensely!  There is something about blogging that calms my tense nerves and helps me look for the lesson, the beauty, the fun, in these bustling days. 

I feel as if I should catch you all up.

In the months since I last blogged.... We went to LA for Thanksgiving!  My daughter turned 7!  And grew about 5 inches taller! My hubby and I carved out time for ourselves and had some date nights here and there!  Flannery was an angel in our church Christmas play!  We all got sick and then got well again.  We flew across the country and spent two and a half glorious weeks with our family and friends for winter break!  My BFF got engaged!  We got stuck on layovers due to crazy weather and once we finally made it back to Cali, I was way behind at work and have been juggling to catch up ever since!  Also, I somehow coerced myself into regular exercise and am feeling pretty good!

And now we are almost done with the first month of this new year!  How did that happen?  I don't know if it's due to figuring out a new place after moving, or working in an intense start-up environment, or just the fast-paced life here in Silicon Valley, but I have to say that these past 6 months have been the quickest in my life.  I sometimes wish I could slow down time. 

There are moments, though, that have lasted longer.  Good deep conversations with my hubby.  Playing hide and seek with Flanna, waiting silent and still for her to find me in the laundry room.  Standing in church listening to the choir sing with all of their swirling harmonies. 

Those are the moments I think I let slip by too quickly when I don't blog.  

And it's interesting, because I kept thinking that I wasn't blogging because my life had been spinning so quickly.  But maybe my life has been spinning so quickly because I haven't taken the time to reflect on it through this blog?

Maybe that's the secret--we slow down time by preserving the good parts and reliving them when we need a pick me up.  This might explain the proliferation of sites like Snapfish and Shutterfly, and why I own literally a gazillion photo albums.  :)


How do you slow down time and try to create a good pace for your life? 


No comments:

Post a Comment