Cookies Notification

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Phase Your Dreams

Bathroom Inspiration Wall!
One of the schools where I work has an inspiration wall in the staff bathroom.  I love reading the quotes teachers choose to post there.  And one of my favorites says, "Phase Your Dreams."

Do you see it?

Okay, I admit it.  I know it really says, "Chase your dreams."  But the font is crazy, and the first time I saw it, I thought it said, "Phase your dreams."  Which is actually a much better quote, I think.   Because who has time to chase anything these days?  With reports to write and presentations to give and meetings to prep and children to help with homework and laundry to be done--there is pretty much no way possible that I'm going to be able to carve out space to "chase" a dream.

But "phase" a dream?  I can do that.

I can choose small actions that will eventually, in sum, lead me to a dream.  Step by step, phase by phase.

I have a dream to be strong and muscular and healthy.  I think maybe what has kept me from getting there is that I keep thinking I need to go "work out" for at least an hour every day.  Which at this point in my life is just not going to happen.  (Kudos to you if you can do that, though!)  So, I can't dive right in full-force to this dream.  But I can find 10 minutes to strength train today, 15 minutes to do Pilates tomorrow, and 30 minutes to walk the next day and get some cardio in.  Seriously, I tried doing some push ups yesterday, and that is definitely going to have to be a dream I phase in, very slowly.  (Starting with like .5 of a push up and working my way up to 5 in a row maybe by... next year.)  But really, when I allow myself to dream big but start small, I actually make more progress than when I keep telling myself I have that "big project" to tackle.

So, friends, "Phase your dreams!"  And in that same vein, "Do small things!"  And "Reach for the doorframe!" And "Climb every molehill!"  I'm pretty sure next school year, these new quotes will all have caught on, and we'll see them posted in funky fonts in every. single. bathroom.


What amazing thing have you accomplished that you "phased" into existence?






No comments:

Post a Comment