Cookies Notification

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Share in the Wonder: 1,000 gifts my daughter helps me see


"If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he or she needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in."  -- Rachel Carson


Some days it's easier than others to share in the wonder of the world we live in.  Today was a busy and long day, but I'm thankful for many things, and especially the way my perspective is improved when I try to look at things through the eyes of my sweet girl.  

Here are some gifts I name today: 


17.  our cool giant sized washer and dryer that are actually fun to watch
 (at least to me and Flanna!) and save me hours and hours of laundry drudgery!
18.  Art supplies that survived a trip through the desert. 
19.  What we thought at first were really bad plums growing in the back yard,
which actually turned out to be really tasty nectarines!  :) 
20.  An impromptu picnic dinner
21.  The mystery of a home-maade fort

22.  diligence at work in our rock garden
23.  striped shadows falling on water balloons

24.  a husband who is playful and good-natured
25.  the light on my daughter's face in a little window
seat she scouted out at a restaurant


What child brings you a bit of wonder here and there?

No comments:

Post a Comment