Cookies Notification

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A New Year, A New Look!

The Gladdest Thing has a new look!  I figure it's a new year, so what the heck, why not try a bloggy makeover?  Besides the cute new background, I updated my happiness resolutions, too!  Here they are, to save them for posterity in case I change them again next year.

MY HAPPINESS COMMANDMENTS for 2013:

  • Live your priorities.
  • Be in the moment.
  • Do your best, and be done with it.
  • Be silly; have fun.
  • Forget not the beauty of the in-between.
  • Learn new things.
  • Be unhurried.
  • Experience nature.
  • Respect routines.
  • Observe, wait, listen.
  • Work hard to make a connection.

My new additions were:
- "Forget not the beauty of the in-between."  -- trying to be content with each stage of life, not just the end products.
- "Be Unhurried," which I've discussed before
- "Respect routines" which is just to remind me that systems matter, and that a predictable routine and maintaining organization makes my life calmer.  
- "Observe, wait, listen," which is a Hanen strategy for working with children, but which I think is brilliant for helping me listen well to adults in my life, too, and
- "Work hard to make a connection," which is something that I say to myself a lot in work and play--sometimes I can get distracted with all that is on my plate, and I need to remind myself that connecting with people in my world is what brings me joy and fulfillment. 
.  

Do you have any little sayings or phrases like these "happiness commandments" that you tell yourself regularly?  I'd love to hear them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment