Cookies Notification

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Look Up

The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness, fullness thereof.  
This week, the tulip trees (Japanese magnolias?) have begun blooming all over the city.  I notice them as I am rushing to drop of my daughter at school, rushing to work, rushing home, rushing to the grocery store, and generally, well, rushing around.

I notice them, and they call to me.
To slow down.  To look up.  To take time, just a moment, to appreciate them while they are here.  Because they won't last forever.  Some gifts are brief.

And so yesterday, I paused.  I stood under a tree in a parking lot and looked up.

And peace came. I didn't even know I called it.  But it came.


What gifts call you to pause, and notice them? 

2 comments:

  1. We moved to this new house, and as usual I was rushing up and down to put everything in place. Then I asked my son what he liked the most about the house, and he said: "the birds chirping!". Then I stopped and realised that it was soooooo true. There were so many birds' sounds! Now I´m a full time mum, I can appreciate it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how neat! So happy for you that you get to be a full time mum for a bit! And to have time to listen and look! 😉

    ReplyDelete