Cookies Notification

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Be in the Moment: Indulge Your Senses

Chloe Rose - from Sephora  (It's lovely!)
A few months ago, I got myself some new perfume.  It is heavenly.

Every time I put it on, I feel beautiful and fresh and soft.  Sometimes I even put it on right before I'm going to work out.  It's energizing!  (And crazy, too, I know, but energizing, nonetheless!)

Also, sometimes, I light a candle at the end of a long hard day.  The vanilla or cinnamon scent (my two favorites) cheers me up and makes me feel pampered for just a moment. And sometimes when I'm stressed or tense or tired, the feel of a warm mug of coffee or chai tea in my hands is calming. I also love to take a really hot bath sometimes when I'm reading.  I hate to be cold, and a warm bath on a cold evening is so nice!  (Here in Cali, sometimes even in July, the nights are cold!)

I think the thing about catering to my senses is that paying attention to our senses puts us instantly in the moment.  We don't have to do anything bust listen, or feel, or look, or smell, and suddenly we are not thinking of all the things we should've done that day or all the things we need to do or are anxious about in the future--we are grounded by our senses to that specific time and place where we are feeling or smelling or seeing something that brings us a bit of happiness. 

And this, my friends, is why I just put on perfume, even though I'm about to go kayaking with my hubby on a sweltering July day.  :)


What do you do to to indulge your senses now and then? Does it help you to stay in the moment, too?




No comments:

Post a Comment