Cookies Notification

Friday, September 6, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things


This week has been hectic.  The life of an SLP at the beginning of a school year is just downright crazy sometimes, with all the meetings and scheduling and rescheduling and re. schedule. ing.  But the weekend is in sight, and I am trying to stay focused on the gifts in my life.  It helps that I have a husband who picks up my slack and never complains when I burn the chicken.

Here are some gifts I noticed and named this week.  They made me happy in between the moments I was stressed and burned the chicken.


40.  listening to Flanna banana singing "I-I love you like a love song baby" really loudly as she takes a bath
41.  Flannery's hair french-braided into two little pigtails (by our new wonderful baby-sitter)
42.  sidewalks all the way to Flanna's new school
43.  my husband's smile at the dinner table when Flannery says something cute
44.  our poor man's sandbox that provides limitless fun (just an underbed box with some play-sand and water!)
45.  Flanna playing Sound of Music songs on the iPad piano app.  (I love that movie/musical so much!)
46.  Amazing parents of my clients who are so open and honest and brave as I meet with them to try to learn more about their kiddos.  I've said it before, but it's just so true--life is full of typical and crippling struggles, and people are so strong everywhere you turn.
47.  An email from my BFF with flight info for her trip here very soon!  I can't get over how much I am looking forward to that!



What gifts have you noticed this week? 






No comments:

Post a Comment